The Magnetic Door Counter does not count individual people. Rather, it counts the number of times a door is open and closed. The Magnetic Door Counter does not separate door openings and door closings, so you will need to divide the displayed count by 2. This counter would be used in the following applications:
- The door swings into your facility and a standard infrared beam-break counter cannot be used.
- There is not enough room to install a counter device on each side of the entrance.
- You want to count ‘buying groups’ instead of individual patrons.
- The typical traffic flow is one person enters/exits at one time.
- You want to confirm that a door is not being used.
Some of the features of the Magnetic Door Counter Wireless include:
- Very small sensor installs nicely on door frame molding.
- Wireless transmission of counts to a remote display/chime.
- Pushbutton reset switch.
- Very easy to install.
- On Off Chime to alert of people entering facility.
- Battery Type: Standard Coin Cell. User replaceable.
- Typical Operating Environment: 0 to 120 degrees F. Protected from weather.
- Typical Battery Life: 1 year
The Magnetic Door Counter Wireless counts every time the magnets are pulled apart or pass within 1/2 inch of each other. This counter can be used on a swinging door, sliding door, rotating wheel, or swinging lever.