The Magnetic Door Counter does not count individual people. Rather, it counts the number of times a door is open and closed. The Magnetic Door Counter does not separate door openings and door closings, so you will need to divide the displayed count by 2. This counter would be used in the following applications:
- The door swings into your facility and a standard infrared beam-break counter cannot be used.
- There is not enough room to install a counter device on each side of the entrance.
- You want to count ‘buying groups’ instead of individual patrons.
- The typical traffic flow is one person enters/exits at one time.
- You want to confirm that a door is not being used.
Some of the Main Features of the Magnetic Door Counter include:
- Rugged enclosure.
- Large five-digit liquid crystal display, 0.25 inch character height.
- Pushbutton reset switch.
- Silent Operation or Customer Enabled Buzzer
- Battery Type: Standard 9 Volt battery. User replaceable.
- Sensor Dimensions: 4.335 inches x 2.2 inches x 1.5 inches deep
- Up to 8 foot long, repositional cord between display and magnet.
- Typical Operating Environment: 0 to 120 degrees F. Protected from weather.
- Typical Battery Life: 1 year
The Magnetic Door Counter counts every time the magnets are pulled apart or pass within 1/2 inch of each other. This counter can be used on a swinging door, sliding door, rotating wheel, or swinging lever. The display automatically turns off after one minute of no use to preserve battery life and will activate without losing counts when use resumes .
Customer will preselect the following factory configurations:
- Double Door (MDC-DD)
- Single Door with right-side hinge (MDC-SRH)
- Single Door with left-side hinge (MDC-SLH)